Thursday, July 8, 2010

Post Op

Okay, just because my lima bean was benign doesn’t mean that is the end of this blog.

Together. We. Can. Make. A. Difference.

Besides, I’m sure you want to hear all about my exciting post op appointment with Doc Smith.

You do?

Well then what am I waiting for?

First things first – when I originally saw Doc Smith at the hospital I told him that I had planned to make him a Bears (DA Bears!) scrub cap for luck – but unfortunately I couldn’t find a good pattern for boy doctor hats (I found lots of girl doctor hats – bouffant and other styles, but nothing suitable for a boy doctor…)  Anyway, he was disappointed.  He said if I made one he’d totally wear it.

Don’t ever tell me I have free reign to do a craft.

Of course I found a pattern and made him one which I delivered at my post op appointment.

He liked it.  He liked it a lot.

(And if he didn’t he played it off really really well…)

Anyway – first thing Doc said to me…

“How did you like the artwork I left you?”

Seriously, this doctor is hilarious.

Once the pleasantries were exchanged he looked at the incision and decided it was healing very nicely.

“Nobody will ever even see the scar.”

You bet they won’t!!! (not even if you ask nicely…sorry guys.)

So, mammogram in 6 months for follow up…and – a lump check in four weeks.

You got it, they found another one.  But no worries, according to Doc Smith, it feels totally benign and this one we will just watch and see.

But if it starts to bother me call him and we’ll take a closer look sooner.

Deal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment