Monday, June 14, 2010

It’s Going To Be Benign.

My sister and I have a plan of attack on this little lima bean.  The treatment plan is basically this – every morning, I tell the lump that it’s benign and that this is going to be a routine surgery.

I keep telling it that. 

At some point in my life I was told that if you say something enough times you’ll start to believe it.

I’m still waiting for that to happen.

I know it’s an irrational fear.  We have no idea what this thing is.  It is going to be nothing, benign – something of no consequence…but something inside of me continues to think about the “what if” possibilities.

If you know me, you know this is exactly what I do.  I worry about the worst case scenario – always.  For example, we were out shopping once and one of my kids wandered off…she was just in the next aisle over – but my heart immediately left my chest and my thoughts immediately jumped to the “what would I do” scenario.

That’s what keeps happening with this.  I’m scared.  I shouldn’t be – I don’t have enough information to be scared…but that’s what makes it worse.  I don’t have the information.  Knowledge is power – and right now the lack of knowledge has a terrible power over me.

I’m seriously okay.  I have my moments of insecurity and fear – but there are more moments of feeling like this is going to be a nothing – a blip in the radar of my life.

It’s going to be benign.  Period.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... This just in.... You are Normal!! Every feeling you are describing is very normal. I know it's hard, but try not to dwell on the unknown, keep your positive thinking and attitude... It's going to be benign... Period.
We are all "chanting" the same mantra, and praying the same thoughts for you. A whole-lotta positive energy & prayers coming your way...
We Love You!

Post a Comment