Monday, June 7, 2010

Sometimes Nothing is Something

I got a call from my favorite nurse Jan today.  It seems the Doc got the report of my mammo and ultrasound, and doesn't like the results.

I'm a bit confused - I was elated with the results.  For the first time in my life, I'm normal - that sounded good to me.

Something about my age and number of children I've had combined with my small bust size - she's worried that we didn't get a clear picture.

Okay.  Fine.  So now what, an MRI?

No.  That's not her plan.  She'd felt the lump.  She consulted with the radiologist and nurse that felt it at the Mammogram screening.  All were in agreement - this needed further investigation.

Apparently I have lump that is camera shy.

As a mother of five, I know you don't force someone to do something they don't want to do.  This lump has no desire to be photographed.  So we go to plan B...meet with a surgeon.

Jan gave me three numbers and told me to let her know when I made the appointment.  I didn't have to call her back though, within an hour she was calling me to be sure I'd called.

Yes, I have an appointment - it'll be Wednesday at 2:45. 

She promised to follow up with me on Thursday.  I don't doubt that she will.

0 comments:

Post a Comment